Skip to content
The first Printing Press in the Colony was landed at Holdfast Bay on 8th November, 1836, from the barque “Africaine”.
The Press was offloaded on to the Beach just South of the Patawalonga mouth.
The Stanhope was a Demy Press invented by Earl Stanhope at the beginning of the 19th Century and superseded the wooden presses in use at that time.
With two competent operators it could produce 250 page impressions in one hour.