Judy Marks (nee Lane) was born in 1951 to parents Jean and Fred Lane at Mile End Hospital. At that time the family were living at Turner Street, Cowandilla. Shortly after they moved to Norwood.
The family were rabid Norwood barrackers except for Judy who couldn’t see past the black and the white of the Port Adelaide Magpies.
Soon the family moved to Ferryden Park where Judy attended Primary School and then later to Angle Park for Secondary Schooling and finally doing a finishing course at Pride Business College.
In 1971 she started at the Old Guv in King William Road where she worked in the front office and publications and was involved with the Social Club.
That same year she married Brenton Marks. The couple had a son Nathan on 22 September, 1974 and named the young baby after the old Southwark Brewery.
At Netley she worked in Publications and then moved to Accounts and Payroll. In all Judy worked 14 years at Government Print.
In 1985 Judy moved to State Supply and then Government Salvage and Auctions before leaving the Government Service in 1994.
Then a short time in private industry before returning to Government service in 1996 with Education Payroll, Gawler TAFE and then with Elizabeth CIB. She left TAFE SA after accepting a separation package in 2009.
The family went to Queensland in 2010 and Judy did six more years assisting job seekers and disability clients to find employment.
Finally, in May 2016, she did in fact retire and returned to Adelaide to be with family and the grandchildren Trent, Curtis, Jordan (boys) and Taylor, a teenage nightmare.
Judy was always known as a person who spoke her mind, loved company and having a good time.
Her passion in life is following Port Power, especially when they win.
Judy Marks is certainly a Legend and now we are going to hear more about her adventures at the Old Guv.